20 Tips to Stay Healthy During the Holidays
Red Canyon Physical Therapy in Frederick, MD wants to wish you and your families a happy and healthy holiday season! With that said, we want to share with you some healthy holiday tips during this time of year. Here are 20 tips to help you stay healthy during the holidays:
1. Know that eating desserts or unhealthy foods in moderation is okay! Don’t get down on yourself for sneaking in one of Santa’s cookies.
2. Stay hydrated.
3. Drink plenty of water! Water regulates body temperature, aids in digestion, and is vital in many of the body’s processes.
4. Make veggies a plate priority for a healthy, well-balanced holiday meal.
5. When going through the holiday buffet line, stockpile your plate with veggies first, leaving less room for the stuffing, casseroles and pie.
6. Bring a healthy dish to a potluck.
7. Provide a dish you can feel guilt-free about eating.
8. Don’t skip meals.
9. With all the stress around the holidays, make sure that you are still eating regularly. Meal prepping and planning is always helpful!
10. Plan time for exercise.
11. Your heart, brain, and body will thank you! Exercising for one hour is only 4% of your day. If you need extra support, join a class, group or challenge.
12. Manage stress.
13. Give yourself some room to breathe! Practice stress management techniques that work for you (yoga, meditation, taking a bath, running, etc.)
14. Focus on fun and spending time with family and friends, NOT food.
15. Play games, chat with family and friends, and remember the true meaning of the holidays.
16. Wash hands and surfaces often.
17. Spread joy and laughter NOT germs!
19. Adequate sleep enhances mood, increases memory, boosts immunity and may decrease weight gain.
20. Know that Red Canyon Physical Therapy in Frederick, Maryland (2 locations) is here to help you stay feeling great and pain-free this holiday season.
Happy Holidays from your family at Red Canyon Physical Therapy!